B&N just might be getting it.
B&N has released an update to the iPhone & iPad eReader. The application name is now "nook" brining the app into the new "nook is a platform" strategy. It seems both Apple platforms now share the same application (based on the iPad B&N Reader). Some new features for iPhone users:
1) Font size and setting pages that don't take minutes to "reformat" the book.
2) Support for the iPhone hi-res screen. The iPhone may now be one of the nicest ways to read an ebook (if you don't have a nook device).
3) More feature parity with other platforms.
4) Sync book positions between devices.
5) Ability to remove books from device.
NOTE: You need to be using the new "nook" version of the e-Reader on your machines for sync to work. It does not work with the nook device, which is still ... lame.
I use the nook app on the iPhone and iPad as well as read on my nook. I'm quite happy to see the iPhone display support because the B&N Reader was a terrible app and looked terrible on the iPhone 4!
I've updated both my iPhone and iPad and tried out the page position sync and it works so far. I really liked the iPad application and was quite happy to see the application on the iPhone. It's nice to see the same "branding" (fun nook logo) no matter if I'm using my iDevice or nook.
So fire up those App Store updates and try it out!
|< Prev||Next >|
New to the nook?
- Adding e-reader Memory
- Places to find e-books
- Find Answers in our FAQ
- Using Nook with ADE Video
- Troubleshooting ADE Issues
- Cases and Accessories
- Ask Questions in our Forum