The Details from B&N
Thanks GIZMODO for posting the leaked store memo! Below are the details on the memo.
- Enhanced in-store seamless connectivity to enjoy free Wi-Fi, with More In Store content promotions exclusively for Nook owners
- Improved opening of eBooks and ePeriodicals
- Improved response to Reading Now and Settings buttons
- Current reading page and bookmarks on all eBooks are properly saved when you power your Nook off
- Eligible LendMe eBooks in your library have LendMe flags
- Easier navigation of daily subscriptions with issues rolled into one folder
- Improved "back" button functionality for navigating eBooks and ePeriodicals
- Personal files downloaded and displayed in My Documents can be sorted by author and title
- Overall system improvements and battery optimization.
Gizmodo also reports that users who have the patch find the device more responsive with improvements to the touch screen.
How to get the Update?
Now that B&N posted the update file on their website you can download it and sideload it on your nook. Most people will get it over the air (wireless) when they check for new B&N content. Many users are reporting they have the update.
MANUALLY DOWNLOAD UPDATE HERE, Just put it in the root folder of your nook. Eject your drive(s) and it will do the update! If you have problems make sure the file name doesn't have a -2 or -1 added to it by your browser. It should be singed_bravo_update.dat!
So, you have 1.2? What do you think?
|< Prev||Next >|
New to the nook?
- Adding e-reader Memory
- Places to find e-books
- Find Answers in our FAQ
- Using Nook with ADE Video
- Troubleshooting ADE Issues
- Cases and Accessories
- Ask Questions in our Forum