Before you pat B&N on the back there is a gotcha. Many received a good-news-bad-news email from the company. Opening new eBooks purchased after the most recent software update may not work correctly. If you have problems here is how to resolve them:
- Remove the ebook from your iPhone / iPod touch by swiping from left to right across the title in the list view and tapping the “delete” button when it appears
- Tap “My Online Library” and re-download it to your iPhone / iPod touch
Keep up the good work B&N on your eReader software platforms - but we encourage you to adopt a more rigorous set of test plans - for you and us!
What does it fix? Some user observations from blogs & twitter:
- No more long "formatting book" when you start reading (YEAH).
- Read option is gone from book selection in library menu
- Page numbers have been moved to the bottom of the screen
- The clock is now in the upper right corner of screen when reading
- Snappier page turns
- Faster UI in the color screen
Checkout this Great YouTube Video on 1.1 Update
So what do you think of the update? Hope for the nook yet? :)
Has the nook slowness caught up to the iPhone reader application (B&N Reader)? Take a look at this screen - Waiting for page ....
If you've used the B&N Reader program you've seen this screen. It happens anytime you click on a table of contents link or change the font. In this case I changed the font and it took my phone almost 2 minutes to complete this operation. The Kindle application instantly re-sized my font and follows document links flawlessly.
Problem with the ePub format? The software? Did the Fictionwise team (that wrote this eReader app) code the software for the nook? Curious minds want to know!
B&N has to make this stuff "just work" before they go down as the Microsoft of eReader platforms!
Page 24 of 26
New to the nook?
- Adding e-reader Memory
- Places to find e-books
- Find Answers in our FAQ
- Using Nook with ADE Video
- Troubleshooting ADE Issues
- Cases and Accessories
- Ask Questions in our Forum