How do I do a hard reset on nook color / tablet (system restore)?
Warning: This will remove all your content and should be a last resort when your nook will not work properly. If you can de-register first before taking this step.
- Power down your nookColor/Tablet. Wait 10-15 seconds before continuing
- Press and hold power button and your "n" home button almost simultaneously (Power first and then the "n").
- Hold these until your screen flashes the "Touch the future of reading" message, wait 2 seconds and release buttons.
- You will then get a prompt asking if you want to reset your nook to factory settings. Press the home button to continue. It will ask you to confirm. Press the home key again.
- Your nook will deregister, reset, and when it reboots, you will see the introductory tutorials like it came from the factory.